Sales Executive - Travel industry
Salary is dependent on previous skills and experience + incentives Working hours:
Permanent, Full-time. Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm
We are delighted to be working on behalf of a holiday provider that specialises in escorted garden tours, archaeology holidays and island trips. Established for 24 years, they are a rapidly expanding business with a team of passionate and knowledgeable, well-travelled professionals.
An opportunity has arisen for an excellent Sales Executive to work as part of the Sales team developing lasting relationships with our clients loyal customers. You will be responsible for actively searching for new sales, and providing excellent customer service, both by email and telephone. Key duties to include:
- Contact new and existing customers by telephone to generate bookings and build relationships
- Meet fortnightly and quarterly sales targets - financial incentives set for each target
- Respond to guest enquiries by telephone and email before and after the point of sale
- Follow up on leads generated by marketing activity
- Liaise with members of other departments to provide guests with up-to- date information
- Process bookings and update customer information on internal database system
- Keep accurate records of conversations and email contact with guests
We are looking for an energetic and enterprising person who has interest in travel, is computer-literate, well-organised and enjoys working with people. Experience in sales and/or in the travel industry would be highly desirable. You should be self-motivated but also target driven, have attention to detail, be used to prioritising workloads and taking responsibility. Other criteria:
- Ability to work as part of a team, and on own initiative
- Proactive and flexible approach to your work
- Experience working on databases is preferred although training is provided
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Does this sound like you?
If yes, please click the "Apply" button today. You will be directed to a short online assessment to support your CV.