CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia.
Director Decision Science
Job Req: 92007
Location(s): Winnersh, Berkshire / London (Bank)
CenturyLink is a global IT solutions leader that powers the needs of businesses of all sizes through our hybrid IT services including public and private cloud, data centre colocation, managed hosting and network services.
In Europe, we work with leading brands, such as Cancer Research UK, easyJet, Euromoney, G4 Security and Universal Music. Every day we help our clients to deliver agility, innovation and speed to market for their businesses. Every minute they harness the scalability and economics of cloud-based technologies.
An S&P 500 company, CenturyLink is included amongst the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations, employing over 48000 people worldwide with operating revenue in excess of 17 billion dollars.
The Director Decision Science is a senior position that empowers the incumbent to shape strategic, enterprise-level issues as they lead the solutioning, pre-sales and delivery across the full Decision Science / Advanced Analytics practice with Sales Team. The incumbent owns the solutioning for the projects that are bid for and is also responsible for program deliverables including day-to-day management (planning tasks, assigning resources etc.) till such time there is a larger client base. The incumbent will interact with executive-level management of Decision Science / Advanced Analytics clients develop new business within Decision Science / Advanced Analytics space and build Decision Science / Advanced Analytics practice. The incumbent is expected to have revenue targets and is expected to help build for the sales team a significant pipeline for the year growing at 100% quarter on quarter and later facilitate delivery. If measures are unmet based on leadership review the future plans will be modified at end of the year.
* Drive incremental revenue in the new market, meet with new clients on new opportunities, draft marketing material, SOWs and RFPs, as well as size and price projects and budgets.
* Work with client stakeholders, management, business partners to achieve consensus, providing thought leadership, asserting influence by driving projects to completion effectively , efficiently , manage budget, Point of escalation for customer and internal teams , addressing both business and technical issues.
* Establish a strong Delivery practice in the region - Delivery Oversight, Hiring, Training, Coaching, Mentoring and driving proposals, RFPs , Orals and Customer demos.
* Review deliverables to ensure quality control checklists are followed and ensure modeling results and data are properly tested and validated.
* Utilization - Billable site for Advanced Analytics/ Decision Science specific consulting
* Deep experience in Decision Science , Statistical Programming ( SAS , R ) , Machine Learning, Analytics
* Min of 10 years experience
* Big 4 background with experience in Client engagements , Proposals ,Pre Sales , RFPs , Sizing and Pricing projects. Experience in both modeling and delivery of modeling projects
* 15 years plus experience
Alternate Location: UK-Berkshire-Winnersh; UK-London-London Bank
Requisition #: 92007
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at